Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Letter to Mayor Martin J. Chávez - City of Albuquerque

Hi Mayor
My name is Michael Palombo
I'm am mailing you on this personal note, I feel I know you a little bit, after standing next to you
on stage, as Will Hartman received his award, for wining the Duke City Shoot Out this year.
It was strange for me to be up there. My life has not been a typical one, the odds have been extreme
for me. I moved here from Louisiana with my mom and step dad, almost 30 years ago. My step dad was not a good guy and he brought us here as fugitives.
growing up in New Mexico was tuff as an outsider. to say the least, I got in some trouble when I was young
but it's in my past. I've moved on to become a good father and a good person, with the help of family, friends, and fans
I've survived as a Water Color Artist and Glass Blower for the last ten years. see my work here at http://abqartreview.com/palombo/
In the desire to take my art to the next level from photo to video, I have become an aspiring filmmaker, and started my own
production company MELON MOUNTAIN/melonmountain.com. This has also prompted me to become Internet savvy with online video distribution
and get involved with distribution networks, and also become a hub for video distribution with my website BIG WINDOW VIDEO a sister
site, you have heard of The filmmakers Channel; see our press release article in the Alibi. Where we offer
you, your own streaming video channel, with no buffer, full screen for free and for just 12$ a mouth you can have pay pal pay/per/view function.
what this means to a Indy filmmaker is no more pushing DVD’s from the trunk of their car, no more spending money putting gas in the car, no more driving to
the post office and spending more money to ship it. and the end user has to wait for it, not anymore! in fact a filmmaker can better market himself online
and reach his audience direct and a bigger audience at one time. all this has pushed me to start a campaign on Green video distribution, no more DVD's
in the landfills of New Mexico, or anywhere.
Personal online video libraries and video sharing is the future,
Video search is now part of the main search results on all major search engines.
Consumers search for real estate, restaurants, destinations, events, and products based on video availability.
Imagine a site without color pictures today…impossible.
Soon, that same standard will hold true for video.
I want help New Mexico lead the way, in the way video is distributed and in the way New Mexico is viewed via the Internet
our businesses can have low quality video production and distribution/broadcasting, or we can have high quality for our
video business directories and our personal website videos, and most of all, our Indy filmmakers, while we are doing all this! we are promoting a greener New Mexico, wow that was a long introduction, I really wanted to just say thanks for everything
your doing, and let you know I’m doing something I think will make
for a greener world. Thanks again Michael

No comments: